CDG Officers and Committee Members
Chair: Marta Bustillo (TCD & NCAD) email@example.com
Treasurer: Amye Quigley firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Grace Hillis (Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services & Mental Health Commission) email@example.com
Communications Officer: Laura Zaliene (UCD)
- Andrew Moore (NGI)
- Betty Maguire (Kildare Co.Co. Library Service)
- Clair Walton (Kildare Co.Co. Training Section of HR Dptmnt)
- Genevieve Larkin (Marino Institute of Education)
- John Wheatley (Wicklow . Library Service)
- Lara Musto (freelance teacher & lecturer)
The Career Development Section of the LAI represents both existing library and information professionals and new graduates looking for job opportunities. Committee members are drawn from members of the group and meet once a month. If a member has any issue that they would like brought to the Committee’s attention, an email should be sent to the Secretary.
Aims and Functions
Our aims are:
- To create opportunities for members to discuss issues around career development and employment;
- To create a link for employers and potential employees or interns within the profession;
- To liaise with both Education Committees (Professional Standards and CPD) to identify ways to support their work particularly in the area of internships, LIS volunteering and mentoring programmes and;
- To support the work of the LAI in advocating for the LIS profession, LIS professionals and libraries in Ireland.
The function of the CDG is to develop a proactive approach to employment in libraries through the discussion of issues such as career development and employment and by liaising with employers and groups across all library sectors. This will be done through formal and informal events, talks and joint training with other LAI committees/groups as well as developing a jobs hub for LIS professionals that caters to both traditional and non-traditional library work.
To find out more about our events or to ask any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can: