The Youth Libraries Group, generally known as the YLG, is a very active Group of the Association. It aims to promote books for children and young people, reading activities and library services to young people through various programmes. The Group organises seminars, workshops, and lectures on themes relating to children’s books and children’s libraries. Some members of the YLG serve on committees concerned with policy for library services to children and young people.
For more information E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Youth Library Group held its AGM on 2nd February 2018.
Committee members for this year are:
- Chairperson - Aisling Donnelly
- Vice Chairperson – Maedhbh Rogan
- Secretary - Catherine Duffy ·
- Treasurer - Helen O'Donnell
- Deirdriu McQuaid (Monaghan Libraries)
- Catherine Gallagher (South Dublin Libraries)
- Frances Crampsie (Donegal Libraries)
- Sinead McArdle (Cavan Libraries)
- Eimear McGinn (Kildare Libraries)
2018 Seminar: The YLG plan to hold a Recommending with Confidence Seminar on the 29th May 2018 in Ballinasloe Library, Galway on the theme of reading and literacy.
- Bi-annual ‘Recommending with Confidence’ Seminar or Success Stories day
- The national Children’s Book Festival, which takes place in October each year.
- The annual Science Week, which take places in November each year.
The YLG Committee holds meetings throughout the year and new members are always welcome. Please contact the Secretary for further information at email above.
YLG Rules & Regulations:
1. Hold an AGM each year
2. Appoint a new committee consisting of chairperson, secretary and treasurer.
3. Produce an annual report.
4. Submit annual report to LAI Executive.
5. Produce annual Accounts report.
6. Submit annual accounts report to LAI Executive.
We recommend that you visit http://www.library.ie/youngpeople to find out more about library services for young people in Ireland.
[Section content maintained by: Deirdriu McQuaid]