Certificates of Course Attendance – Guidelines for Course Organisers
- Applications for Certificates of Attendance should be submitted to the LAI Education Committee: CPD at email@example.com at least one month prior to the date of the course. Applications are normally submitted via the chair of the group applying for certificates. However a nominated person may submit the application on behalf of the group.
- Courses must be for a minimum duration of a half day.
- Course documentation must provide the following:
- Completed Application form
- Copy of course programme
- Copies of all course documentation must be retained by organising Group / Section of LAI in a proper and retrievable manner for appropriate purposes to include CPD (Continuing Professional Development) validation purposes of the LAI
- A Register of all course documentation and record of Attendees must be maintained by Organising Group / Section of LAI
- The Secretary of the Education Committee: CPD will notify the chairperson (or applicant) if the course is approved for certification.
- The Chairperson (or applicant) will provide numbers and names for certificates to the Education Committee: CPD.
- Certificates may be issued to course presenters
- Certificates of attendance will be issued to participants subject to the following:
1. Where people do not attend for the full duration of a course e.g. attend one day of a two day conference, the certificate will state the date(s) attended.
2. A record of Certification must be retained by authorised officer/s of the organising Group / Section of the LAI. The LAI Education Committee: CPD will also retain a record.
- This record will detail:
- Course Title
- Date held
- Course Duration
- Name of Participant
- Date on which Certificate was issued
- Name of person signing on behalf of LAI
- Name and signature of person responsible for recording details
- Ref no. (where applicable) - unique course identifying number, year and participant number (Format should be e.g. HSLG1/2006/54)
Application Form Proposal to run LAI- approved CPD course.
Approved CPD Courses Download list of approved CPD courses.