General objectives of the LAI mentoring scheme are focused on:
- Building a strong professionally focused Library Association;
- Building and developing organisational and individual capacity within a framework of CPD;
- Maintaining the status of the LAI as a learned organisation within the learned professions;
- Promoting the standing of the awards of the LAI, namely, Fellowship of the Library Association of Ireland FLAI) and Associateship of the Library Association of Ireland (ALAI) as awards which denote professional achievement and signal professional competence;
- Supporting its members in their efforts to achieve the full potential of continuing professional development activity.
In a context of specific objectives focused on supporting the Continuing Professional Development of LAI members and encouraging and supporting them through the processes for the award of ALAI and the award of FLAI, the single key objective of the Library Association of Ireland mentor scheme commencing in 2014 is to support individual LAI members through the processes of submission for Associateship of the Library Association of Ireland (ALAI) and Fellowship of the Library Association of Ireland ( FLAI). Further details and background to the LAI mentoring scheme can be found here.
Further details on applying for an award of ALAI or FLAI can be found here.
Application form to be placed on the register of approved mentors for ALAI/FLAI.
Application form for mentoring support for ALAI/FLAI.