Bringing new audiences to special collections
The theme of the seminar this year is outreach, particularly reaching out to diverse users and communities to increase use of special collections. Speakers include Alison Cullingford, Special Collections Librarian at of the University of Bradford and author of The Special Collections Handbook; and Dr Jason McElligott, The Keeper, Marsh's Library, Dublin.
This seminar is CPD accredited by the Library Association of Ireland.
Registration now open: To book your place please email Nicola O'Shea, RBG Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information download the programme.
- Alison Cullingford (Special Collections Librarian, University of Bradford), Reaching In, Out and All Around: why and how to develop new audiences for unique and distinctive collections
- Dr. Mary Clark (Dublin City Archivist, Dublin City Libraries and Archive), Archives for all: surely not!
- Barbara McCormack (Special Collections Librarian, Maynooth University), Learning to share: how academic libraries can reach new users through special collections
- Samantha McCombe (Librarian, Linen Hall Library), Diversifying audiences: an overview of collection based outreach projects at the Linen Hall Library
- Niamh Ní Riain (Education Assistant, National Library of Ireland), Special Collections, Special Connections: Summertime fun at the National Library
- Dr. Jason McElligott (Keeper, Marsh’s Library), Screaming children, demanding parents & dumbing down: your worst nightmares about outreach
€40, LAI members; €50, Non-LAI members; €15, students, retirees
€30 per person for 3 or more bookings from one institution
4 free places for unemployed LAI members (first come, first served)