This workshop will provide an introduction to RDA Type 2 Entities (Persons, Families and Corporate Bodies), and then examine the modifications made to MARC 21 Authority Format to accommodate these changes.
By the end of the course participants will:
· Be aware of the principles underpinning the description of RDA Type 2 entities
· Have explored the use of RDA to describe Persons, Families and Corporate Bodies
· Understand the continuing development of RDA
· Be able to assess the potential impact of RDA on their information service.
· Recognises the RDA changes in downloaded MARC 21 Authority records
· Implement appropriate RDA areas in MARC 21 Authority format
The training session will be lead by Keith Trickey. Keith is lead trainer with Sherrington Sanders and was a senior lecturer at Liverpool John Moores University. He has been involved in information work for over thirty years and he has been designing and delivering training for over twenty years.
Location: Information Skills Room, UCD Health Sciences Centre
Date: Friday, 13 June 2014 from 09:30 to 16:30 IST