Call for Volunteers IFLA WLIC 2022 Dublin
On behalf of the Dublin National Committee of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2022 (https://2022.ifla.org) we kindly invite you to become a volunteer during the Congress that will be held from 26th until 29th July 2022 at the Dublin Convention Centre, Ireland.
Volunteers play an integral role in supporting WLIC 2022. They are key to creating a positive and welcoming atmosphere for delegates while assisting the hosts in delivering a professionally run Congress.
A series of upskilling programmes and training sessions will be offered to volunteers and an information kit will be provided regarding specific duties and benefits.
The criteria for selection are as follows:
- You must be at least 18 years.
- You must be available, through your own arrangements, to attend scheduled training sessions online and in person on Saturday, 23rd July in Dublin.
- You are available, through your own arrangements, to perform your volunteer duties from 24th July until 29th July 2022. IFLA does not provide accommodation or transport during the congress.
- You are physically fit to maintain a moderate level of physical activity for 8 hours per day and able to be on foot and moving at a quick pace. If you are using a wheelchair, please indicate this in the volunteer form.
- Able to fund and take care of your own travel arrangements (including flights, visa, transportation, and accommodation).
We are looking for volunteers who have the time, dedication and enthusiasm to assist us deliver successfully this international event. If you are professional, committed, hardworking, reliable and culturally sensitive, then you are exactly what we are looking for. Your details on the completed forms will be held securely and confidentially. Only the selection committee will have access to this information. The Application for Volunteers is open from 22nd February to 1st April 2022.
Click here to Apply as a Volunteer: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=1135072574&OR=1
Volunteering is a great way for you to get involved with the World Library and Information Congress (WLIC) 2022!
Receive free registration!
Volunteers are a valued part of the Congress. After your shifts, you can attend the conference sessions.
Meet and Network
Meet and network with a range of stakeholders involved in library and information science from all over the world including researchers, practitioners, academics, administrators, policy makers, industry representatives, and students.
Add to your personal and professional growth
By taking advantage of this great opportunity you can develop personally and professionally.
Add to your CV
Certificate of attendance for volunteers will be given after completion of your volunteer tasks.
Volunteers can keep the official volunteer vest as a souvenir and will be provided with free food and beverages while on duty.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org